It’s time to book your GCSE, IGCSE or A Level exam place for summer 2016.
To achieve your GCSE, IGCSE or A Level course you need to sit a formal exam at a registered exam centre at the same time as all other candidates studying the same course. The Awarding Body deadline for registering with an exam centre if you intend to sit your exams in May/June 2016 is 21 February 2016, but places are subject to availability and your exam centre may have a different deadline date.
As an online learning student you need to register with an exam centre as a private candidate. To help you find a suitable centre, there is a list of exam centres on your Student Community, or you can contact a local school or college who may accept private candidates. Not all schools or colleges accept external candidates and it can be time consuming to find a suitable centre and to make the necessary arrangements
Book now to avoid late fees
After the deadline, late application fees are charged by the examination centre, so it’s important that you register as soon as possible. The longer you wait the more difficult and expensive it will be to find a place.
For some courses, the summer 2016 diet will be the last opportunity to sit an exam under the syllabus you have been studying.
Get your coursework authenticated
As you work through the course, there will be tasks and assignments and, depending on the course you’re studying, these may count towards your final course grade along with the exam. If your course has a coursework element, your tutor will need to authenticate the work as being your own. Use the Contact Your Tutor button on your Student Community to arrange for your tutor to do this.
Once authenticated, you need to give it to the exams officer at your chosen exam centre, along with the relevant forms. The deadline for your course work to be submitted is 15 May 2016 but your exam centre will tell you in they have different deadline dates.
There are some useful links for IGCSE, GCSE and A-Level students provided by AQA and Edexcel:
All of the information that you need is in your Course and Assessment Guide and your Faculty Co-ordinator will email you this week with details specific to your course.
Don’t delay, book your exam place NOW for summer 2016.
Download Your Free Guide
- ICS Learn Open Day Facebook Live Event
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Abi
- 10 Simple Tips To Help You Learn Faster
- What We Learned From The CIPD Show 2016
- 3 Learning Styles and Why They’re Vital
- Share Your Success for a Chance To Win £100 Shopping Vouchers
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Lee
- 10 Signs That You're Ready For A New Career
- 5 HR Tactics You Can Steal From Google’s Groundbreaking Analytics Team
- The Three Things to Get You Out on a Run
- Promoting Equality in the Workplace
- The Benefits of High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Laura | Online CIPD Level 5 Review
- Learn to Love Learning in 4 Simple Steps
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Ashley | Online CIPD Level 3 Review
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Jacqui | CIPD L&D Level 3 Review
- Infographic: What to Wear to Work Out
- Teach Your Kids to be Money Smart
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Sophia | Personal Training Course Review
- Fitness Friday: Meet Annie Bean
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Samuel | Online GCSE Maths Review
- The Science of Happiness: 5 Ways to Boost Your Wellbeing
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Ruby | Online CIPD Level 5 Review
- Fitness Friday: The Importance of Rest Days
- How Will Brexit Affect HR and Recruitment?
- Create A Printable GCSE and A Level Study Planner
- 12 Tips for Handling Difficult Conversations at Work
- How to Get a Job in Procurement & Supply
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Lewis | IGCSE English Language Review
- The 7 Time Management Mistakes That Are Ruining Your Productivity
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Audrey | Online GCSE Maths Review
- How to Give Constructive Feedback
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Klaudia | Online CIPD Level 7 Review
- 8 Tips for Students Starting an Online Learning Programme
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Rebecca | CIPD L&D Level 3 Review
- The 12 Best Health and Fitness Apps for Beginners 2017
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Samantha | Online AAT Advanced Review
- Top Tips for Triathlon Training
- We’re Launching All-Inclusive AAT Programmes for Businesses
- Triathlete Michael Hindmarch on Training, Competing and the European Championships
- 3 Ways to Land Your First HR Job
- How to Look After Your Mental Health as a Student
- Infographic: What To Do If You Fail Your GCSEs
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Adam | Online AAT Accounting Review
- A Level Results: What to Do If You Didn’t Get The Grades You Need (2017 Update)
- GCSE Results: What to Do if You Didn’t Get the Grades You Need (2017 Update)
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Sarah | Online CIPD Level 7 Review
- ICS Real Stories: Lewis's IGCSE English Language Results
- ICS Real Stories: Laura's GCSE Maths Results