ICS Learn Student Community Rules
Acceptance of Student Community Rules
The following rules set out the terms for use of the Student Community section of ICS Learns website, which apply to all users. Any submission of material by you to the Student Community means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the terms and conditions of these Rules.
The Student Community is a section of the website www.icslearn.co.uk, a site operated by ICS Learn.
ICS Learn are a company incorporated under the laws of Scotland with company number SC434382 whose registered office is at 225 Bath Street, Glasgow G2 4GZ.
Our main trading address is ICS Learn, Third Floor, 225 Bath Street, Glasgow G2 4GZ.
Our VAT number is 295 7948 28.
The Student Community is not moderated. We will not be responsible as author, editor or publisher of any Contribution submitted to the Student Community and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of the Student Community by any person in contravention of these Rules. We reserve the right to promptly remove, or to disable access to, any Contribution which we deem to be potentially defamatory of any person or entity, unlawful or in violation of any third party rights.
Submission of Contributions
To add a Contribution to a discussion, please log in to the Student Community, click on to one of the current forums and click reply. There is a 1000-word limit to the length of a Contribution.
If you would like to start a new thread for discussion, please log in to the Student Community, click on new forum and post your comment.
These Content Standards apply to any contribution made on the Student Community in its entirety. The Content Standards must be fully complied with and ICS Learn reserve the right to exercise absolute discretion in determining whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in Scotland and in any country from which it is posted.
- Be relevant.
A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or other lifestyle based personal viewpoint or decision.
- Disclose the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, e-mail address or any other personal information in respect of any individual. If you choose to disclose your own personal details you do so at your own risk.
- Infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark or other intellectual property right of any other person or organisation.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm, upset or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from ICS Learn if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, or incite any third party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
By submitting a Contribution to the Student Community, you agree to grant ICS Learn a non-exclusive licence to use that Contribution. Although you will still own the copyright in your Contribution. We will have the right to freely use, edit, alter, reproduce, publish and/or distribute the material contained in your Contribution. This licence will be free of charge, perpetual and capable of sub-licence. We may exercise all copyright and publicity rights in the material contained in your Contribution in all jurisdictions, to their full extent and for the full period for which any such rights exist in that material.
Please also note that, in accordance with the Content Standards above, you must ensure that your Contribution does not infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark or other intellectual property right of any other person. By submitting your Contribution to the Student Community, you are warranting that you have the right to grant ICS Learn the non-exclusive copyright licence described above.
If you are not in a position to grant such a licence to ICS Learn, please do not submit the Contribution to the Student Community.
Breach of these Rules
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Student Community.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution already posted on the Student Community.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs and expenses incurred by us (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of these Rules. The actions described above are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
If you wish to complain about any Contribution posted to the Student Community, please contact us through the Student Services Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0870 900 0384. Outside the UK: 0141 302 5487
We will then review the Contribution and decide whether it complies with our Content Standards above. We will deal with any Contribution which, in our opinion, violates our Content Standards as described above (see section Breach of these Rules). We will inform you of the outcome of our review within a reasonable time of receiving your complaint.
Changes to these Rules
We may revise these Rules at any time for security, legal, business or regulatory reasons. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you.