Curriculum Co-ordinator Active Leisure
Location: Glasgow City Centre
Basic Salary: circa £26,000
Based in Glasgow, ICS Learn are experts in delivering professional training and personal development courses via online learning. Over 10,000 students each year choose us as their trusted training provider in order to progress their career. Online learning gives students the flexibility to fit their learning around other commitments, and gives them the chance to complete training whilst earning a salary.
This role would be suitable for current personal trainers looking to move into Education.
The Curriculum Co-ordinator (Active Leisure) will play a major role, under the direction of the Head of Curriculum, in establishing the aims and objectives of the curriculum area to reflect the overall aims and objectives of the Company to ensure the achievement of these objectives. S/he shall lead the staff appraisal arrangements within her/his curriculum area and set targets to ensure that staff are motivated to deliver education to the highest possible standard in accordance with the objectives included within the Company’s development plan.
- Have overall responsibility for the delivery of teaching and learning within the curriculum area.
- Ensure, through the effective operation of assessment, recording and reporting systems that all learners meet agreed targets, both individually and across the curriculum area, and ensure that schemes of work include provision for personalised learning.
- Ensure that all members of the curriculum area are performing as effectively and efficiently as possible and ensure to the best of her/his ability, that the curriculum area is adequately resourced to fulfil its function within the Company.
- Keep abreast of national strategy and developments impacting on her/his subject area/s and ensure information is communicated to the curriculum area and Company staff, and the curriculum area is responsive to such developments.
- Contribute to curriculum development and timetabling as required.
- Oversee the preparation of schemes of work and lead, develop and enhance the teaching of other tutors within the curriculum area.
- Work within the Company’s Quality Assurance and Enhancement Framework to ensure that s/he and the members of the curriculum area keep their knowledge and expertise up to-date and demonstrate CPD.
- Play a key role in the appointment of staff within the curriculum area, and put in place arrangements for the mentoring of newly appointed tutors/IV’s within her/his subject area/s as required.
- Represent the interests of the curriculum area within the wider management of the Company, and participate in any collaborative arrangements which may benefit the development of the curriculum area.
- Agree appropriate professional targets annually with the Head of Curriculum, who will monitor and review her/his performance in accordance with the Company’s appraisal policy.
- Contribute as appropriate to company wide initiatives such as student induction and encourage extra-curricular activities within the curriculum area guidelines.
- Lead monthly curriculum area meetings.
Please send your CV and cover letter outlining why you are the perfect fit for the role to email@example.com by Friday, 6th May 2016.