Our Child Day Care course will give you the child care knowledge that will make your working life easier and more fulfilling, and could open up opportunities in the Child Day Care sector.
Whether you are already working in child day care, or are looking for a work opportunity in this area, our Child Day Care course is a great way to enhance your skills, knowledge and employability prospects.
You will learn how to build on your already-existing natural affinity with children, gain legal and procedural know-how, and deepen your understanding of child development and the intricacies of child care services.
You will learn about the stages of childhood and the importance of the child care worker in nurturing healthy growth. You will also explore social issues, such as health requirements, family support and abuse, and you'll gain an awareness of the legal and ethical responsibilities you will take on in a child care role.
On completion of the Child Day Care course you will be well equipped to handle the demands of child day care with confidence. You will be ready to play a part in helping to shape young lives, whether in established child day care centers or in a child care facility of your own.
Introduction to Child Care
- Consider how the family unit has changed over time and explore the factors that have encouraged this change. Examine the importance of quickly establishing an awareness of socially acceptable behaviour in a child's mind.
Child Growth and Development
- Explore the relationship between growth and development. Learn the functions of caregivers during each stage of a child's development.
Development Through Play
- Explore the different stages of development through play. Discover ways in which adults can enrich children's play. Learn which toys are most suitable at each stage of a child's development. Examine children's drawing and painting.
The Government and Society
- Explore the role of the Government, the Opposition and the House of Lords. Examine the formation of the welfare state. Study the provisions which were laid down for Health Education and the Social Services.
- Consider why there is an increasing demand for child care. Explore in-home care, family day care and day care centers. Learn your responsibilities as a caregiver.
Early Years Provision
- Learn the government requirements for child care provision. Explore the different types of child care setting, and discover the various factors which should be considered when designing a child care center. Discover how to plan outdoor activity areas.
Planning the Environment
- Discover how to plan weekly and daily timetables. Learn how to conduct activities for children of different age groups which target different developmental areas, from language to dramatic play. Gain the skills to evaluate your facility and programme, and to evaluate children's development.
- Discover how to promote good health practices. Study the principles of accident prevention. Learn how to identify symptoms of child abuse or neglect. Explore the proper procedures for planning meals and ensuring food safety.
Working with Parents
- Explore parents' legal rights. Learn how to answer the questions and concerns of parents, and acquire effective skills for communicating with parents. Discover ways of encouraging parents to participate in your programme. Consider ways in which you can educate parents.
Managing Children's Behaviour
- Explore the child's and the caregiver's roles in the guidance system. Learn how best to communicate with a child. Discover when and how to discipline a child.
You don't need any previous experience or qualifications to enrol in our Child Day Care course. That's because we believe in making home study - and a rewarding future - as accessible as possible.
The skills and knowledge you'll gain in the Child Day Care course will prove an added asset when applying for roles in childcare facilities. In addition, you'll have gained valuable insights into the process of setting up and running your own business.
On completion, you'll receive the ICS Diploma in Child Day Care.
Assessments are a great way of checking your progress, and enabling you to apply your learning to real-life situations. During the Child Day Care Diploma you will be required to complete 8 Test Papers, comprising a combination of short answer and multiple choice questions; and 2 practical assignments allowing you to demonstrate your applied learning.
Because we're experts in home learning, we offer all the support you need along the way.
You'll gain access to our study materials via our online Student Community. These materials have been specially designed for distance learning by experts in your chosen field.
You'll also have access to an experienced personal tutor both online and over the phone, ready to help you with guidance and motivation.
Being part of the our online Student Community, means you will also have access to library materials and your account information, as well as vital links with your fellow students, with the chance to discuss your work and ask questions.
You can either pay for your course in full or opt for a monthly payment plan.
Speak to one of our course advisors now for more information on our payment plans.
There are no registration or examination fees for our Child Day Care course.