5 Things You Can't Miss at the Virtual CIPD Conference 2020
It’s come around to that time of year again – the time for the CIPD Annual Conference and Exhibition, one of the world’s biggest and best HR and L&D events!
It’s all set to take place on the 11th and 12th of November, however, under the current circumstances, things are going to be done a little differently this year – and by that we mean the event will be 100% online.
This not only means that you’ll get the ultimate CIPD experience all from the comfort of your own home, but you won’t even have to press your trousers to connect with some of the brightest minds and most innovative businesses in the industry.
To this end, here are five things you absolutely cannot miss at the Virtual CIPD Conference in 2020.
1. Superb Sessions and Guest Speakers
Through a mix of ACE Talks, panel discussions, case studies, and keynote speakers, this year’s conference line-up includes over 50 brilliant and renowned working professionals who are shaping the future of the HR and L&D industry.
2020’s programme of events explores the latest practices, research, and innovations via three dedicated conference streams, which are:
- Driving Responsible Business as the Outcome of the Crisis
- Reskilling the People Profession and Investing in People Capability
- Committing to Championing Race and Diversity & Inclusion
With so many speakers in line to cover so many contemporary topics under these broad umbrellas, there’s no doubt that you’ll get excited about at least a few of these upcoming conference gems.
A few of our personal highlights include:
- Megan Reitz, Professor of Leadership and Dialogue at Hult Ashridge Executive Education, delivering an Opening Keynote about ‘Speaking truth to power – how our everyday choices affect workplace culture’.
- Wilson Wong, Head of Insights and Future with the CIPD delivering a case study on ‘The ‘here and now’ of HR – how the profession is being shaped across the globe’.
- Frank Douglas, CEO at Caerus Executive, Sandra Kerr, CBE, Race Equality Director Business in the Community, and David Johnston, Head of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion with the Police Service of Northern Ireland delivering a thought-provoking panel discussion on ‘Undoing unconscious bias – reversing internalised racism, bias, and conditioning’.
- Veronica Hope Hailey, Professor Emerita Management Studies at the University of Bath
- Our very own Stepgen Littler, CIPD Tutor at ICS Learn, delivering and insightful presentation on ‘The Future of L&D in a Post-Pandemic World’.
2. Cutting-edge Solutions Providers
Broaden your horizons and explore the exhibitions of more than 40 solutions providers (us included!) at this year’s Virtual CIPD conference.
Over the course of two days, you’ll have the opportunity to learn more about the effective use of people and skills in the industry as well as learn about the latest technology and innovations that can benefit your organisation.
You’ll also have the chance to listen to product experts discuss their latest solutions and services, featured by two online streams of free learning (amazing!), and gain practical tools and insights from CIPD’s fantastic showcase sessions across employee engagement, learning and development, business technology, and so much more.
By tuning in, you can guarantee that you’ll sign off at the end of each day armed with the skills you need and knowledge you want to help you make more informed and tactical workplace decisions.
3. Incredible Networking Opportunities
Aside from unmissable learning and connection opportunities with exhibitors, the Virtual CIPD conference also provides plenty of additional networking opportunities that surely can’t be missed!
With this year’s event being completely online, CIPD has made it easy to connect with peers from all over the world using their online networking services, which include:
- Pre-arranged Meetings: Schedule thirty-minute one-to-one meetings with your choice suppliers and get to know one another via live chat or video conferencing.
- The Matchmaking Service: Expand your current network and connect with like-minded fellow attendees and exhibitors based on your interests and expertise.
- The Concierge Service: Never miss a chance to connect with the service that sends you an SMS or email reminder for all of your upcoming conference and exhibition meetings and touchpoints.
With all these options to choose from, it’s never been easier or more accessible for attendees to strengthen their network and share their industry experiences, challenges, and ideas face-to-face – all while maintaining a safe social distance.
4. Learning More About Studying CIPD with ICS Learn
As one of the featured solutions providers at this year’s conference (and in years previous), we’d be amiss not to mention that the Virtual CIPD Conference 2020 once again brings you the opportunity to get to know us and what we can do for your career development.
We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading providers of online CIPD HR and L&D courses, offering qualifications at Levels 3, 5, and 7.
Our courses are highly flexible, making it easy for you to find the right balance between study, work, and life – allowing you to work toward enhancing your career at your own pace, on your own time.
We also offer unlimited one-to-one online tutor support – among an abundance of other online resources – and give you the option to spread the cost of your course over time with interest-free monthly payments.
So, if you’re a working professional who’s been looking for the chance to advance your career and transform your future, come chat to our CIPD advisors – they’ll be online waiting for your questions all through the conference.
5. The Chance to Reset for 2021
The CIPD Annual Conference and Exhibition is celebrated for bringing together industry professionals from all over the globe and for shedding light on the upcoming future trends in HR and L&D.
This year, however, the Virtual CIPD Conference 2020 has the unique opportunity to help people prepare and reset for 2021 after a year of COVID-19 pandemonium, as well as the chance to decompress and connect over 2020’s challenges.
By creating an online platform that houses a common ground for those of us still trying to find our footing in a pandemic driven world, the CIPD generates a sense of community and brings about actionable insights through their keynote speakers and exhibitors – giving us confidence in a brighter future.
Develop your career from home with an online CIPD professional qualification. Get your free CIPD course guide and start your journey today.
Ready to advance your HR career?
Request your guide to getting CIPD qualified online with unlimited 1:1 tutor support and interest-free plans.