The CIPD Annual Conference and Exhibition is one of the biggest events in HR and L&D. This year’s event will be taking place on the 7th and 8th of November at Manchester Central.
We know many of you have already signed up to attend, but if you need a little extra persuasion, here’s 5 reasons why it’s an excellent use of your precious time.
#1 You’re guaranteed to learn something new
They do say that every day’s a school day, and over the course of the two days at CIPD ACE you’ll have numerous opportunities to learn something new.
There are workshops, talks and panel discussions that are specifically designed to introduce you to something new or give you an alternative perspective on a familiar subject.
This year’s programme of events covers 5 dedicated topics, so there really is something for everyone to get excited about. Choose from:
- Strategic HR and Ethical Decision Making
- Technology and the Future of Work
- Organisational Development and Business Effectiveness
- Talent, Skills and Capabilities
- Employee Experience, Well-being and People Management
In addition to all the conference goings-on, you’ll also be able to take part in the learning events in the exhibition hall - all of which are completely free!
#2 It’s a great place to network
The HR & L&D community is wonderful to be part of. CIPD ACE will allow you to meet a huge number of friendly and knowledgeable professionals, making it the perfect place to expand your own personal network.
With more than 5,000 professionals due to attend the conference, you’ll have the chance to interact with people from all areas of HR and L&D, so this is a great opportunity to get out there and mingle.
If you’re more of an introvert or feel nervous about attending such a big event, don’t panic - check out this article from CIPD blog squad member (and former introvert) Mark Hendy for some brilliant conference survival tips.
#3 The line-up of speakers is amazing
This year’s speaker line-up is particularly impressive and includes senior professionals from some of the largest companies in the UK and beyond.
With over 70 speakers scheduled, there’s bound to be someone for you to get excited about. Our personal highlights are:
- Baroness Shami Chakrabarti, Shadow Attorney General for England and Wales delivering an ACE Talk on ‘The Reputational Risks of Data Security and Employee Digital Presence’
- Sir Lenny Henry CBE, Co-founder of Comic Relief and Chancellor of Birmingham City University delivering an inspirational Closing Keynote on ‘demanding more diversity and true inclusion’.
- John Amaechi OBE, Organisational Psychologist, Director of the UK’s largest NHS Trust and former NBA Basketball Player delivering an ACE Talk on ‘The Ethics of People Management – from resources to human beings’.
Check out the full list of speakers here.
#4 You can get in-person advice from the CIPD
The CIPD website is renowned for its excellent range of resources, but sometimes you just can’t beat having a chat in person.
If you’re attending the exhibition, you can pop by the CIPD stand (no. 400) and get information on CIPD membership and qualifications. You’ll also be able to get advice on how the CIPD can support you, your organisation and your professional development.
CIPD have announced that they’ll be introducing their new Profession Map at the stand, so this is your chance to get a first look!
#5 You can come and have a chat with us
We’ll be at stand E40 this year so why not drop by and say hello? If you’re looking into your own personal development or researching training for your team, our friendly advisors will be on hand to talk to you through our flexible online courses, whether you need CIPD, leadership training, apprenticeships, or something else.
Even if you’re only after the free swag (we can confirm there will be sweets!), we’ll be happy to keep you supplied!
You can grab your free tickets here. We look forward to seeing you there!