Natasha was facing some big challenges. With a flexible HR course from ICS Learn, she was able to fit earning a CIPD Level 7 Diploma in Human Resource Management into her very busy life.
I have recently enrolled with ICS Learn to complete the CIPD Advanced Diploma in HRM, a qualification I have wanted to complete for some time.
However, the traditional route of day release to University via work was something that was not possible for me, partly due to my responsibilities as a mother and partly due to caring for my husband who has had a series of health conditions that have required hospitalisation.
Following on from a successful internal development scheme at work, I made the leap from transaction HR work into an advisory role working within a team that supplied advice to 20 Government departments.
It was at this point in my career that I realised I needed to further develop my HR knowledge to enable me to better understand client expectations and see how the bigger picture fits together.
So the challenge was: how did I fit all this in?
I looked into options for taking my CIPD qualification and found that I could complete it via distance learning. Then there was the question of which provider to go with.
I reviewed all of the providers recommended by the CIPD and decided upon ICS Learn for their reputation, reviews, the location of the optional study workshops*, the timescale to complete the qualification and the cost.
As I am progressing through the qualification I am finding that I am able to fit my study and CPD around my work and home life, giving me the opportunity to further develop myself to progress in my career.
As webinars can be ‘caught up on’ I am still able to work, be a mum, and be totally committed to completing the CIPD qualification at my own pace.
Fitting it around my schedule really does help with my work life balance and ensuring all my responsibilities and commitments can be met.
My studies are already helping me in my current role: they have given me a much better perspective on how the work I do contributes to the Government’s strategies for the Civil Service and also to a vast range of departments’ work, objectives and HR Priorities.
On completion of this qualification I am hoping to be able to progress further within the HR field and hopefully move into Private Sector work, something I will not be able to achieve without this qualification.
On a personal level I hope continuing to study and work will show my children that learning never ends and that I will be a person they aspire to be like.
*Our Level 7 course is now fully online with no workshops.
Inspired by Natasha's CIPD Level 7 review? Find out more about studying CIPD online with us.
Inspired by our students?
- ICS Learn Open Day Facebook Live Event
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Abi
- 10 Simple Tips To Help You Learn Faster
- What We Learned From The CIPD Show 2016
- 3 Learning Styles and Why They’re Vital
- Share Your Success for a Chance To Win £100 Shopping Vouchers
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Lee
- 10 Signs That You're Ready For A New Career
- 5 HR Tactics You Can Steal From Google’s Groundbreaking Analytics Team
- The Three Things to Get You Out on a Run
- Promoting Equality in the Workplace
- The Benefits of High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Laura | Online CIPD Level 5 Review
- Learn to Love Learning in 4 Simple Steps
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Ashley | Online CIPD Level 3 Review
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Jacqui | CIPD L&D Level 3 Review
- Infographic: What to Wear to Work Out
- Teach Your Kids to be Money Smart
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Sophia | Personal Training Course Review
- Fitness Friday: Meet Annie Bean
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Samuel | Online GCSE Maths Review
- The Science of Happiness: 5 Ways to Boost Your Wellbeing
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Ruby | Online CIPD Level 5 Review
- Fitness Friday: The Importance of Rest Days
- How Will Brexit Affect HR and Recruitment?
- Create A Printable GCSE and A Level Study Planner
- 12 Tips for Handling Difficult Conversations at Work
- How to Get a Job in Procurement & Supply
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Lewis | IGCSE English Language Review
- The 7 Time Management Mistakes That Are Ruining Your Productivity
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Audrey | Online GCSE Maths Review
- How to Give Constructive Feedback
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Klaudia | Online CIPD Level 7 Review
- 8 Tips for Students Starting an Online Learning Programme
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Rebecca | CIPD L&D Level 3 Review
- The 12 Best Health and Fitness Apps for Beginners 2017
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Samantha | Online AAT Advanced Review
- Top Tips for Triathlon Training
- We’re Launching All-Inclusive AAT Programmes for Businesses
- Triathlete Michael Hindmarch on Training, Competing and the European Championships
- 3 Ways to Land Your First HR Job
- How to Look After Your Mental Health as a Student
- Infographic: What To Do If You Fail Your GCSEs
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Adam | Online AAT Accounting Review
- A Level Results: What to Do If You Didn’t Get The Grades You Need (2017 Update)
- GCSE Results: What to Do if You Didn’t Get the Grades You Need (2017 Update)
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Sarah | Online CIPD Level 7 Review
- ICS Real Stories: Lewis's IGCSE English Language Results
- ICS Real Stories: Laura's GCSE Maths Results