Katie Frail reviews her journey to becoming a People Business Partner within 12 months of starting our CIPD Level 3 course – she’s now moved on to Level 5!
I had been working in business development for two and a half years when I realised that something had to change.
I needed to take a leap of faith in order to get myself into the career that I had always wanted – Human Resources.
I started off by doing some research into HR qualifications. Most of the information on the internet was quite daunting, in the sense that you needed either experience in the sector or a lot of money to enrol on to a CIPD HR course – this was until I stumbled across ICS Learn.
I found ICS Learn to be approachable, non-complicated, and with no hidden extras from the very start.
Plus, their friendly team are always on hand to talk you through any questions you may have in regards to your membership, support period, format of the courses etc.
Their easy to use website also provided me with downloads covering what the courses entailed, enabling me to compare the 2 different options (certificate and diploma).
In addition, ICS Learn gave me the option to spread the cost of my course over a 24-month period, or set up a payment plan for my organisation should they wish to fund it.
Once I took some time to read over the Level 3 Certificate in Human Resource Practice that ICS Learn offer as a 100% online learning course, I knew this was the right one for me.
The personal countdown was on for me to get qualified and get into a career that I actually wanted!
Being able to study from home in my own time was a huge decision maker for me, as I have the flexibility to manage my own workload around business and social requirements.
Enrolling on to the course was quick and easy, I think it was done within 30 minutes! I had instant access to all of the learning material and course information, which allowed me to familiarise myself with the content before getting stuck in.
Once I had enrolled, I informed the company that I work for about my aspirations to move into HR which was received very well.
I started my Level 3 Certificate in September 2016. I found the online classrooms, reading material and student community all very user-friendly.
Upon enrolment, my online tutors emailed me introducing themselves and advised that they are on hand at any time should I need assistance. They also talked me through each of the modules, and advised which ones I should complete first.
Throughout my Level 3 course, I had a brilliant relationship with all of my tutors via telephone, emails, online classrooms and even feedback on my assignments.
The online classrooms were especially significant in my learning and development as they are an hour of dedicated time with your tutor and other students studying the same module as you – this gives you an opportunity to ask questions and learn from others in a live environment.
I was initially worried about the times/dates the live classrooms were held would clash with my current working hours, but they are scheduled in for a whole range of days and times i.e. weekends and late nights.
If you can’t make the online classroom a recording is provided so you don’t miss out!
Overall, I would 100% recommend ICS Learn to any family, friends or colleagues wishing to develop their skills, knowledge and qualifications.
I didn’t realise distance learning would be so easy, and manageable.
Taking that first step to gain a qualification has worked wonders for me, as within 12 months of enrolling I have secured a position within our HR team.
I am now working as a People Business Partner with first point of contact responsibility for 350 employees across the North West of England.
My current employer has also recognised the skills, knowledge and confidence I have gained since completing my Level 3 ICS Learn course and therefore they have enrolled me onto the Level 5 Certificate – which I am expecting to successfully complete in 2018!
Thank you ICS Learn for all your hard work!
Inspired by Katie’s story? Find out more about getting CIPD qualified 100% online.
Inspired by our students?
- ICS Learn Open Day Facebook Live Event
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Abi
- 10 Simple Tips To Help You Learn Faster
- What We Learned From The CIPD Show 2016
- 3 Learning Styles and Why They’re Vital
- Share Your Success for a Chance To Win £100 Shopping Vouchers
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Lee
- 10 Signs That You're Ready For A New Career
- 5 HR Tactics You Can Steal From Google’s Groundbreaking Analytics Team
- The Three Things to Get You Out on a Run
- Promoting Equality in the Workplace
- The Benefits of High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Laura | Online CIPD Level 5 Review
- Learn to Love Learning in 4 Simple Steps
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Ashley | Online CIPD Level 3 Review
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Jacqui | CIPD L&D Level 3 Review
- Infographic: What to Wear to Work Out
- Teach Your Kids to be Money Smart
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Sophia | Personal Training Course Review
- Fitness Friday: Meet Annie Bean
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Samuel | Online GCSE Maths Review
- The Science of Happiness: 5 Ways to Boost Your Wellbeing
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Ruby | Online CIPD Level 5 Review
- Fitness Friday: The Importance of Rest Days
- How Will Brexit Affect HR and Recruitment?
- Create A Printable GCSE and A Level Study Planner
- 12 Tips for Handling Difficult Conversations at Work
- How to Get a Job in Procurement & Supply
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Lewis | IGCSE English Language Review
- The 7 Time Management Mistakes That Are Ruining Your Productivity
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Audrey | Online GCSE Maths Review
- How to Give Constructive Feedback
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Klaudia | Online CIPD Level 7 Review
- 8 Tips for Students Starting an Online Learning Programme
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Rebecca | CIPD L&D Level 3 Review
- The 12 Best Health and Fitness Apps for Beginners 2017
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Samantha | Online AAT Advanced Review
- Top Tips for Triathlon Training
- We’re Launching All-Inclusive AAT Programmes for Businesses
- Triathlete Michael Hindmarch on Training, Competing and the European Championships
- 3 Ways to Land Your First HR Job
- How to Look After Your Mental Health as a Student
- Infographic: What To Do If You Fail Your GCSEs
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Adam | Online AAT Accounting Review
- A Level Results: What to Do If You Didn’t Get The Grades You Need (2017 Update)
- GCSE Results: What to Do if You Didn’t Get the Grades You Need (2017 Update)
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Sarah | Online CIPD Level 7 Review
- ICS Real Stories: Lewis's IGCSE English Language Results
- ICS Real Stories: Laura's GCSE Maths Results