Fitness student Brandon Marczak reviews his journey to becoming a personal trainer through our REPs-endorsed online personal training course.
From a young age, I was in love with traditional martial arts. My obsession started from watching kung-fu movies, but a documentary about the Shaolin monks inspired me to begin my martial arts journey.
At the age of 17, I started training and exploring all sorts of traditional and modern martial arts. The journey was what truly kept me going.
I’ve learnt a lot about myself, it gave me confidence, taught me discipline, humbleness, but most importantly, it showed me that with hard work you can achieve anything.
These lessons I've learnt, the passion behind it was so strong, I wanted to share it and use it to help and empower others. The feeling of knowing you've helped someone achieve a goal they thought would be impossible is priceless.
I was looking for a 100% online provider and ICS Learn appealed to me straight away as they also work along with YMCA Awards which is one of the UK's leading and oldest fitness training providers.
Online learning courses give you the freedom to study based on your needs. They’re designed to help study on your terms.
I didn't have to attend any classes, travel to exam centres, or stress over ridiculous deadlines. Everything was done at my own pace.
Also, I had the freedom to prepare myself and sit my exams when I felt ready. That gave me the balance to study when I wanted to.
The tutors are very knowledgeable in their craft and passionate about the fitness industry. They’ve taught me valuable lessons that I’m thankful for. They never let you down and your expectations are always fulfilled as they always answered my questions on time.
The practical assessments were completed in a gym, by recording and documenting an actual session that I taught my gym buddy. My recordings were analysed by my tutor to assess how well I led my client’s session.
ICS Learn are very supportive and they care about student progress. They've ensured that I'm progressing and that I'm not stuck in the spot.
The course offered rich content that was both engaging and interactive. It’s well-structured and filled with a wide range of educational materials which made studies enjoyable and informative.
Online learning is the future of education, it’s flexible to your needs and designed for you to truly complete the course in your own terms.
As a personal trainer, my journey has just begun as I’m continuing my studies in the field of human performance. I believe that there is a gap in the fitness and healthcare industry and I’m on my way to tackling it.
Find out more about becoming a REPs-recognised personal trainer online.
Make your passion for fitness your career.
- ICS Learn Open Day Facebook Live Event
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Abi
- 10 Simple Tips To Help You Learn Faster
- What We Learned From The CIPD Show 2016
- 3 Learning Styles and Why They’re Vital
- Share Your Success for a Chance To Win £100 Shopping Vouchers
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Lee
- 10 Signs That You're Ready For A New Career
- 5 HR Tactics You Can Steal From Google’s Groundbreaking Analytics Team
- The Three Things to Get You Out on a Run
- Promoting Equality in the Workplace
- The Benefits of High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Laura | Online CIPD Level 5 Review
- Learn to Love Learning in 4 Simple Steps
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Ashley | Online CIPD Level 3 Review
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Jacqui | CIPD L&D Level 3 Review
- Infographic: What to Wear to Work Out
- Teach Your Kids to be Money Smart
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Sophia | Personal Training Course Review
- Fitness Friday: Meet Annie Bean
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Samuel | Online GCSE Maths Review
- The Science of Happiness: 5 Ways to Boost Your Wellbeing
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Ruby | Online CIPD Level 5 Review
- Fitness Friday: The Importance of Rest Days
- How Will Brexit Affect HR and Recruitment?
- Create A Printable GCSE and A Level Study Planner
- 12 Tips for Handling Difficult Conversations at Work
- How to Get a Job in Procurement & Supply
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Lewis | IGCSE English Language Review
- The 7 Time Management Mistakes That Are Ruining Your Productivity
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Audrey | Online GCSE Maths Review
- How to Give Constructive Feedback
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Klaudia | Online CIPD Level 7 Review
- 8 Tips for Students Starting an Online Learning Programme
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Rebecca | CIPD L&D Level 3 Review
- The 12 Best Health and Fitness Apps for Beginners 2017
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Samantha | Online AAT Advanced Review
- Top Tips for Triathlon Training
- We’re Launching All-Inclusive AAT Programmes for Businesses
- Triathlete Michael Hindmarch on Training, Competing and the European Championships
- 3 Ways to Land Your First HR Job
- How to Look After Your Mental Health as a Student
- Infographic: What To Do If You Fail Your GCSEs
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Adam | Online AAT Accounting Review
- A Level Results: What to Do If You Didn’t Get The Grades You Need (2017 Update)
- GCSE Results: What to Do if You Didn’t Get the Grades You Need (2017 Update)
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Sarah | Online CIPD Level 7 Review
- ICS Real Stories: Lewis's IGCSE English Language Results
- ICS Real Stories: Laura's GCSE Maths Results