We’ve been preparing for the Scottish Fitness Network Expo for months and we couldn’t be more excited that it’s finally here! We’ll be at the SECC in Glasgow all this weekend to chat about our online fitness qualifications and catch some of the amazing guest speakers.
There are so many incredible people lined up that it was hard to choose, but here’s our pick of the bunch.
Stefanie Moir of Naturally Stefanie
We’re super-excited to hear our ICS Learn Personal Training student Stefanie talking about vegan fitness on Sunday. If you’ve ever believed that you need meat in your diet to build killer muscle, Stefanie will prove you wrong. Her recipe-packed blog and uber-popular Instagram showcase a truly insane set of abs that will have even the most ardent meat-eater turning to vegan protein.
Catch her at 12:30 on the Sisterhood Stage.
The Lean Machines
When we mentioned the Lean Machines to the ICS Learn office, the excitement was palpable. ‘Oh my God, I love those guys. Did you know John has a twin? You need to Google his dog.’ (We did, and she is amazing. Her name is Martha. *wipes away tear*)
If having a close relation to the most beautiful pup in the world isn’t enough to convince you, these guys are the UK’s biggest fitness vloggers, ran 7 marathons in 24 hours, and published their own diet and exercise book.
Catch their Q&A on fitness social media on Saturday at 11am, and their Eat Well, Move Better & Feel Awesome Q&A at 11am Sunday, both on the Main Stage.
Tally, Zanna and Vic of the #GirlGains gang are doing an incredible job of bringing women together. In their words, #GirlGains is ‘a movement which aims to unite women, create a community and educate, empower and inspire them to become the best versions of themselves’.
Having overcome disordered eating and other challenges to become the happy, healthy and confident women they are today, their talk on body confidence is sure to be fascinating.
Find them on the Sisterhood Stage at 12pm on Saturday.
If you haven’t heard of Eddie Hall (or watched him break the world deadlift record lifting 500kg), you’re missing out.
He beat Game of Thrones star Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson (Gregor Clegane, The Mountain) to the title of World’s Strongest Man in 2017 and reportedly eats 10,000 calories a day to keep up his enormous muscle mass.
His Sunday 3pm Q&A is one not to miss.
With many people focusing on either strength or flexibility, ex-gymnast Shona breaks the mould by creating a programme that delivers both. Her Vertue Method combines yoga, meditation and weight training in a workout ‘designed to uplift both your soul AND your butt.’
Listen to her talk about the Vertue Method on Saturday and Sunday at 10:15 on the Sisterhood Stage.
If you're not too busy seeing all the incredible speakers, come chat to us about becoming a fitness instructor or personal trainer - we'll be at stand F44 all weekend. See you there!
Get Your Free Course Guide
- ICS Learn Open Day Facebook Live Event
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Abi
- 10 Simple Tips To Help You Learn Faster
- What We Learned From The CIPD Show 2016
- 3 Learning Styles and Why They’re Vital
- Share Your Success for a Chance To Win £100 Shopping Vouchers
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Lee
- 10 Signs That You're Ready For A New Career
- 5 HR Tactics You Can Steal From Google’s Groundbreaking Analytics Team
- The Three Things to Get You Out on a Run
- Promoting Equality in the Workplace
- The Benefits of High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Laura | Online CIPD Level 5 Review
- Learn to Love Learning in 4 Simple Steps
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Ashley | Online CIPD Level 3 Review
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Jacqui | CIPD L&D Level 3 Review
- Infographic: What to Wear to Work Out
- Teach Your Kids to be Money Smart
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Sophia | Personal Training Course Review
- Fitness Friday: Meet Annie Bean
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Samuel | Online GCSE Maths Review
- The Science of Happiness: 5 Ways to Boost Your Wellbeing
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Ruby | Online CIPD Level 5 Review
- Fitness Friday: The Importance of Rest Days
- How Will Brexit Affect HR and Recruitment?
- Create A Printable GCSE and A Level Study Planner
- 12 Tips for Handling Difficult Conversations at Work
- How to Get a Job in Procurement & Supply
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Lewis | IGCSE English Language Review
- The 7 Time Management Mistakes That Are Ruining Your Productivity
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Audrey | Online GCSE Maths Review
- How to Give Constructive Feedback
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Klaudia | Online CIPD Level 7 Review
- 8 Tips for Students Starting an Online Learning Programme
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Rebecca | CIPD L&D Level 3 Review
- The 12 Best Health and Fitness Apps for Beginners 2017
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Samantha | Online AAT Advanced Review
- Top Tips for Triathlon Training
- We’re Launching All-Inclusive AAT Programmes for Businesses
- Triathlete Michael Hindmarch on Training, Competing and the European Championships
- 3 Ways to Land Your First HR Job
- How to Look After Your Mental Health as a Student
- Infographic: What To Do If You Fail Your GCSEs
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Adam | Online AAT Accounting Review
- A Level Results: What to Do If You Didn’t Get The Grades You Need (2017 Update)
- GCSE Results: What to Do if You Didn’t Get the Grades You Need (2017 Update)
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Sarah | Online CIPD Level 7 Review
- ICS Real Stories: Lewis's IGCSE English Language Results
- ICS Real Stories: Laura's GCSE Maths Results