Our Middle Eastern student Ahmed Abdel-Salam is studying online with us from Qatar. He reviews his journey to getting CIPD qualified with our CIPD Level 5 Diploma in L&D.
Two years ago, I was evaluating my career progress so far and deciding what should I do to develop it further. I found that my work experience as a Teaching Assistant and Senior Technical Trainer has taught me a lot about the Learning and Development process.
However, to be a successful L&D Manager, I needed to learn more about current L&D trends and the L&D function in organizations.
In order to achieve that, I decided to acquire the required knowledge and to earn a certificate that would prove my credibility as an L&D specialist.
I searched for the best qualification that would fulfil my needs and I found out the CIPD L5 Diploma in L&D is the qualification that will help excel in my career.
Once I took the decision to earn the CIPD L&D qualification, I made a search on the available course providers on the market (classroom-based and e-learning).
I investigated the different options available and sent e-mails to different academies but I found that ICS Learn has the most flexible payment solutions and the course advisor was very helpful and professional.
I have really enjoyed my study with ICS Learn. They have a very stable learning management system [the Student Community].
The course units and modules are well developed. Tutors were very helpful and supportive and student helpdesk members were always helpful.
During my study, I have worked under the supervision of different tutors. All of them were very helpful and supportive, especially Dr. David James. I think that he was very helpful and that he really appreciated the effort I make in my assignments, and his feedback was very clear and informative. I have to thank him for his great help and support.
It is a very difficult task to make sure that all areas of your life are balanced while studying. But with efficient planning, time management skills, positive thinking and the right habits, anything can be achieved.
Since I started studying my L&D qualification, I have noticed that my L&D knowledge and skills are much improved and that it has enhanced my ability to evaluate my organization’s training needs, design effective L&D programs, evaluate training activities and apply new L&D trends which hadn’t been used before in my organization.
I hope I can be a successful L&D Manager in the near future.
If you've been inspired by Ahmed's story, you can see our range of CIPD Learning and Development courses here and get in touch with our expert CIPD advisors using the details at the top of the page.
Download Your Free Guide
- ICS Learn Open Day Facebook Live Event
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Abi
- 10 Simple Tips To Help You Learn Faster
- What We Learned From The CIPD Show 2016
- 3 Learning Styles and Why They’re Vital
- Share Your Success for a Chance To Win £100 Shopping Vouchers
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Lee
- 10 Signs That You're Ready For A New Career
- 5 HR Tactics You Can Steal From Google’s Groundbreaking Analytics Team
- The Three Things to Get You Out on a Run
- Promoting Equality in the Workplace
- The Benefits of High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Laura | Online CIPD Level 5 Review
- Learn to Love Learning in 4 Simple Steps
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Ashley | Online CIPD Level 3 Review
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Jacqui | CIPD L&D Level 3 Review
- Infographic: What to Wear to Work Out
- Teach Your Kids to be Money Smart
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Sophia | Personal Training Course Review
- Fitness Friday: Meet Annie Bean
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Samuel | Online GCSE Maths Review
- The Science of Happiness: 5 Ways to Boost Your Wellbeing
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Ruby | Online CIPD Level 5 Review
- Fitness Friday: The Importance of Rest Days
- How Will Brexit Affect HR and Recruitment?
- Create A Printable GCSE and A Level Study Planner
- 12 Tips for Handling Difficult Conversations at Work
- How to Get a Job in Procurement & Supply
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Lewis | IGCSE English Language Review
- The 7 Time Management Mistakes That Are Ruining Your Productivity
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Audrey | Online GCSE Maths Review
- How to Give Constructive Feedback
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Klaudia | Online CIPD Level 7 Review
- 8 Tips for Students Starting an Online Learning Programme
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Rebecca | CIPD L&D Level 3 Review
- The 12 Best Health and Fitness Apps for Beginners 2017
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Samantha | Online AAT Advanced Review
- Top Tips for Triathlon Training
- We’re Launching All-Inclusive AAT Programmes for Businesses
- Triathlete Michael Hindmarch on Training, Competing and the European Championships
- 3 Ways to Land Your First HR Job
- How to Look After Your Mental Health as a Student
- Infographic: What To Do If You Fail Your GCSEs
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Adam | Online AAT Accounting Review
- A Level Results: What to Do If You Didn’t Get The Grades You Need (2017 Update)
- GCSE Results: What to Do if You Didn’t Get the Grades You Need (2017 Update)
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Sarah | Online CIPD Level 7 Review
- ICS Real Stories: Lewis's IGCSE English Language Results
- ICS Real Stories: Laura's GCSE Maths Results