Name: Ahmed Abdel-Salam
Course: CIPD Level 5 Diploma in L&D
Two years ago, I was evaluating my career progress so far and deciding what should I do to develop it further. I found that my work experience as a Teaching Assistant and Senior Technical Trainer has taught me a lot about the Learning and Development process. However, to be a successful L&D Manager, I needed to learn more about current L&D trends and the L&D function in organizations.
In order to achieve that, I decided to acquire the required knowledge and to earn a certificate that would prove my credibility as an L&D specialist. I searched for the best qualification that would fulfil my needs and I found out the CIPD L5 Diploma in L&D is the qualification that will help excel in my career.
Once I took the decision to earn the CIPD L&D qualification, I made a search on the available course providers on the market (classroom-based and e-learning). I investigated the different options available and sent e-mails to different academies but I found that ICS Learn has the most flexible payment solutions and the course advisor was very helpful and professional.
I have really enjoyed my study with ICS Learn. They have a very stable LMS [online learning management system, known as the Student Community]. The course units and modules are well developed. Tutors were very helpful and supportive and student help desk members were always helpful.
During my study, I have worked under the supervision of different tutors. All of them were very helpful and supportive, especially Dr. David James. I think that he was very helpful and that he really appreciated the effort I make in my assignments, and his feedback was very clear and informative. I have to thank him for his great help and support.
It is a very difficult task to make sure that all areas of your life are balanced while studying. But with efficient planning, time management skills, positive thinking and the right habits, anything can be achieved.
Since I started studying my L&D qualification, I have noticed that my L&D knowledge and skills are much improved and that it has enhanced my ability to evaluate my organization’s training needs, design effective L&D programs, evaluate training activities and apply new L&D trends which hadn’t been used before in my organization.
I hope I can be a successful L&D Manager in the near future.
If you've been inspired by Ahmed's story, you can see our range of CIPD Learning and Development courses here and get in touch with our expert CIPD advisors using the details at the top of the page.
Request More Information
- ICS Learn Open Day Facebook Live Event
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Abi
- 10 Simple Tips To Help You Learn Faster
- What We Learned From The CIPD Show 2016
- 3 Learning Styles and Why They’re Vital
- Share Your Success for a Chance To Win £100 Shopping Vouchers
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Lee
- 10 Signs That You're Ready For A New Career
- 5 HR Tactics You Can Steal From Google’s Groundbreaking Analytics Team
- The Three Things to Get You Out on a Run
- Promoting Equality in the Workplace
- The Benefits of High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Laura
- Learn to Love Learning in 4 Simple Steps
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Ashley
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Jacqui
- Infographic: What to Wear to Work Out
- Teach Your Kids to be Money Smart
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Sophia
- Fitness Friday: Meet Annie Bean
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Samuel
- The Science of Happiness: 5 Ways to Boost Your Wellbeing
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Ruby
- Fitness Friday: The Importance of Rest Days
- How Will Brexit Affect HR and Recruitment?
- Create A Printable GCSE and A Level Study Planner
- 12 Tips for Handling Difficult Conversations at Work
- How to Get a Job in Procurement & Supply
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Lewis
- The 7 Time Management Mistakes That Are Ruining Your Productivity
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Audrey
- How to Give Constructive Feedback
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Klaudia