Our fantastic student Rebecca Bailey reviews her journey to getting CIPD qualified with our online CIPD Level 3 Diploma in Learning & Development.
As I’m writing this I’ve just come back off a 2-day ICS Learn workshop*, Delivering Learning and Development Activities.
I had an absolutely brilliant experience; the tutor was great, I got to put my training skills to the test and most importantly I got to meet other ICS Learn students!
It felt so good to chat to them about how they were finding things - it was great to affirm that getting behind on your studies is quite normal and that, from time to time, we all get stuck on the assignments!
I’ve finished the weekend with some new friends and I’m full of enthusiasm for putting the things I learnt into practice in my day job.
I decided to study Learning and Development (L&D) to help me in my role as a Training Consultant.
Since starting this job in 2014 I’ve absolutely loved it and right from the start I knew I’d found the area I wanted to build my career in.
During my first 6 months I learnt so much on-the-job but I realised that to get a real depth of knowledge I needed to get back to basics and pick up some of the core L&D theories.
When I was making my decision on what to study I was drawn to the CIPD courses. It just seemed to make sense to go with a course accredited by them - they’re the professional body for people development so I knew I’d be earning a recognised qualification and I was confident that the course content would be high quality.
I found that lots of different training providers offered these CIPD courses but I chose ICS Learn because I needed flexibility in my learning.
My learning style has always been to need to learn at my own pace and I didn’t want to have to commit attend formal classes once a week.
ICS Learn offered the perfect solution, their online training lets me pick up and put down my studies as and when but there’s also occasional workshops which let me connect with other students.
My experience of studying with ICS Learn has been brilliant. They make the whole studying process really painless and are always on hand to offer support, whether that’s Student Services booking me onto a workshop or tutors who are always on hand to answer questions.
Despite this great support, it does come down to you to make sure you progress. I have to admit that I’ve found it hard to balance my studies with my job, family and life in general!
If you’re thinking you might be the same, then don’t panic… it does get easier! I found that once I got into a routine and remembered how to study again, things became a lot easier.
Passing and progressing through them modules is also great motivation, seeing your progress makes you feel great and want to carry on.
I’ve still got 3 modules to complete before I finish my Diploma: E-Learning, Coaching and Evaluating L&D Activities. They’re quite diverse modules really and that’s one of the things I’ve loved, I’ve been able to look into the many different areas of L&D and identify what I’m most interested in.
On completion of the course my next steps will definitely be to look into what I can study next… I’ve got the learning bug!
If you're inspired by Rebecca's story and want to help others through learning and development, have a look at our online L&D courses.
*Workshops only mandatory for CIPD Learning & Development Level 3 courses.
Download Your Free Guide
- ICS Learn Open Day Facebook Live Event
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Abi
- 10 Simple Tips To Help You Learn Faster
- What We Learned From The CIPD Show 2016
- 3 Learning Styles and Why They’re Vital
- Share Your Success for a Chance To Win £100 Shopping Vouchers
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Lee
- 10 Signs That You're Ready For A New Career
- 5 HR Tactics You Can Steal From Google’s Groundbreaking Analytics Team
- The Three Things to Get You Out on a Run
- Promoting Equality in the Workplace
- The Benefits of High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Laura | Online CIPD Level 5 Review
- Learn to Love Learning in 4 Simple Steps
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Ashley | Online CIPD Level 3 Review
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Jacqui | CIPD L&D Level 3 Review
- Infographic: What to Wear to Work Out
- Teach Your Kids to be Money Smart
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Sophia | Personal Training Course Review
- Fitness Friday: Meet Annie Bean
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Samuel | Online GCSE Maths Review
- The Science of Happiness: 5 Ways to Boost Your Wellbeing
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Ruby | Online CIPD Level 5 Review
- Fitness Friday: The Importance of Rest Days
- How Will Brexit Affect HR and Recruitment?
- Create A Printable GCSE and A Level Study Planner
- 12 Tips for Handling Difficult Conversations at Work
- How to Get a Job in Procurement & Supply
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Lewis | IGCSE English Language Review
- The 7 Time Management Mistakes That Are Ruining Your Productivity
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Audrey | Online GCSE Maths Review
- How to Give Constructive Feedback
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Klaudia | Online CIPD Level 7 Review
- 8 Tips for Students Starting an Online Learning Programme
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Rebecca | CIPD L&D Level 3 Review
- The 12 Best Health and Fitness Apps for Beginners 2017
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Samantha | Online AAT Advanced Review
- Top Tips for Triathlon Training
- We’re Launching All-Inclusive AAT Programmes for Businesses
- Triathlete Michael Hindmarch on Training, Competing and the European Championships
- 3 Ways to Land Your First HR Job
- How to Look After Your Mental Health as a Student
- Infographic: What To Do If You Fail Your GCSEs
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Adam | Online AAT Accounting Review
- A Level Results: What to Do If You Didn’t Get The Grades You Need (2017 Update)
- GCSE Results: What to Do if You Didn’t Get the Grades You Need (2017 Update)
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Sarah | Online CIPD Level 7 Review
- ICS Real Stories: Lewis's IGCSE English Language Results
- ICS Real Stories: Laura's GCSE Maths Results