If your GCSE results aren’t what you were hoping for, it can be a pretty crushing blow. Your GCSEs dictate which A Levels you can take and which sixth form you can go to, so if you’ve fallen short of your expected grades you might need to reconsider your choices.
Plus, many colleges, universities and jobs require certain GCSEs, most commonly English and Maths grade C. If you haven’t got those, it could hold you back later in life.
Ideally, to give yourself the most opportunities, you want to have at least 5 GCSEs at A* - C grade.
However, don’t panic if you don’t. There are plenty of ways for you to top up your results, from remarking to resitting either in school or through an online course.
If academics aren’t for you there are a multitude of other routes you could take. An apprenticeship or vocational courses such as BTECs might suit you better.
Professional courses from internationally respected institutions like the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) or the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) can be as highly regarded as academic qualifications (if not more so).
Keep your mind - and your options – open, and everything will work out fine.
Find out more about taking GCSE courses online.
Request More Information
- ICS Learn Open Day Facebook Live Event
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Abi
- 10 Simple Tips To Help You Learn Faster
- What We Learned From The CIPD Show 2016
- 3 Learning Styles and Why They’re Vital
- Share Your Success for a Chance To Win £100 Shopping Vouchers
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Lee
- 10 Signs That You're Ready For A New Career
- 5 HR Tactics You Can Steal From Google’s Groundbreaking Analytics Team
- The Three Things to Get You Out on a Run
- Promoting Equality in the Workplace
- The Benefits of High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Laura
- Learn to Love Learning in 4 Simple Steps
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Ashley
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Jacqui
- Infographic: What to Wear to Work Out
- Teach Your Kids to be Money Smart
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Sophia
- Fitness Friday: Meet Annie Bean
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Samuel
- The Science of Happiness: 5 Ways to Boost Your Wellbeing
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Ruby
- Fitness Friday: The Importance of Rest Days
- How Will Brexit Affect HR and Recruitment?
- Create A Printable GCSE and A Level Study Planner
- 12 Tips for Handling Difficult Conversations at Work
- How to Get a Job in Procurement & Supply
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Lewis
- The 7 Time Management Mistakes That Are Ruining Your Productivity
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Audrey
- How to Give Constructive Feedback
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Klaudia
- 8 Tips for Students Starting an Online Learning Programme
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Rebecca
- The 12 Best Health and Fitness Apps for Beginners 2017
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Samantha
- Top Tips for Triathlon Training
- We’re Launching All-Inclusive AAT Programmes for Businesses
- Triathlete Michael Hindmarch on Training, Competing and the European Championships