We first caught up with inspirational IGCSE English Language student Lewis and his family a few months ago - you can read his first blog post here. Now, his mum shares his exam success. Go Lewis!
Well results day came along! After weeks of sleepless nights, I woke up to the email from Lewis' exam centre. He got a C! We ran upstairs to deliver the news to a very sleepy Lewis, no idea who was more excited us or him!
For a 15-year-old, who has sat his exam a year earlier than his fellow peers and who is home schooled due to a serious disability (osteofibrous dysplasia and cancer by the name of Adamantinoma), we are incredibly proud, all of us!
Lewis couldn't have done this without the help and support from ICS Learn.
His tutor Anna, really took the time to explain things and really helped with her feedback after each study unit.
The entire staff who Lewis has dealt with, have been very supportive and have always given Lewis the encouragement and determination that he needed. Something that he was never given at school.
Not only will we be signing him on to more IGCSEs with ICS Learn, we have recommended them to our fellow home schoolers, as the best distance learning provider, with an excellent payment scheme in place too, which is very helpful.
Lewis will now go on to study further IGCSEs with a view to starting at college in September 2018. His ambition is to go into the police force, which may prove difficult as he faces an amputation of his right leg.
However, as this GCSE grade proves, nothing will hold Lewis back from reaching his goals! We have every faith in him to go on and achieve everything he sets his mind to!
Thank you again ICS Learn, and a huge thank you again to Anna, for being a brilliant tutor!
Find out more about studying GCSE English Language online. If you'd like to show your support for Lewis and his family, they have asked that you donate to Family Fund, a charity supporting families with disabled and seriously ill children.
Download Your Free Guide
- ICS Learn Open Day Facebook Live Event
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Abi
- 10 Simple Tips To Help You Learn Faster
- What We Learned From The CIPD Show 2016
- 3 Learning Styles and Why They’re Vital
- Share Your Success for a Chance To Win £100 Shopping Vouchers
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Lee
- 10 Signs That You're Ready For A New Career
- 5 HR Tactics You Can Steal From Google’s Groundbreaking Analytics Team
- The Three Things to Get You Out on a Run
- Promoting Equality in the Workplace
- The Benefits of High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Laura | Online CIPD Level 5 Review
- Learn to Love Learning in 4 Simple Steps
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Ashley | Online CIPD Level 3 Review
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Jacqui | CIPD L&D Level 3 Review
- Infographic: What to Wear to Work Out
- Teach Your Kids to be Money Smart
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Sophia | Personal Training Course Review
- Fitness Friday: Meet Annie Bean
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Samuel | Online GCSE Maths Review
- The Science of Happiness: 5 Ways to Boost Your Wellbeing
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Ruby | Online CIPD Level 5 Review
- Fitness Friday: The Importance of Rest Days
- How Will Brexit Affect HR and Recruitment?
- Create A Printable GCSE and A Level Study Planner
- 12 Tips for Handling Difficult Conversations at Work
- How to Get a Job in Procurement & Supply
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Lewis | IGCSE English Language Review
- The 7 Time Management Mistakes That Are Ruining Your Productivity
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Audrey | Online GCSE Maths Review
- How to Give Constructive Feedback
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Klaudia | Online CIPD Level 7 Review
- 8 Tips for Students Starting an Online Learning Programme
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Rebecca | CIPD L&D Level 3 Review
- The 12 Best Health and Fitness Apps for Beginners 2017
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Samantha | Online AAT Advanced Review
- Top Tips for Triathlon Training
- We’re Launching All-Inclusive AAT Programmes for Businesses
- Triathlete Michael Hindmarch on Training, Competing and the European Championships
- 3 Ways to Land Your First HR Job
- How to Look After Your Mental Health as a Student
- Infographic: What To Do If You Fail Your GCSEs
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Adam | Online AAT Accounting Review
- A Level Results: What to Do If You Didn’t Get The Grades You Need (2017 Update)
- GCSE Results: What to Do if You Didn’t Get the Grades You Need (2017 Update)
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Sarah | Online CIPD Level 7 Review
- ICS Real Stories: Lewis's IGCSE English Language Results
- ICS Real Stories: Laura's GCSE Maths Results