Our student Laura Barrett tells us her incredible GCSE Maths results and gives her review of our online Maths course.
I have finally managed to obtain a C grade for GCSE Maths at the age of 30 years. I wanted to write this for anyone that is not sure whether they can achieve their GCSE Maths qualification.
As a small child, I remember being the only one in the class struggling to understand anything to do with maths. Then at secondary school, I could only ever achieve a D grade in the foundation paper; I got an E.
I went to college and re-sat this GCSE, raising it to a D grade and still never really grasping how to answer any of my exam paper questions.
I did Adult Numeracy Level 1 and 2 at college to help. This was when I was 18, and after that I went to University and never felt I needed the GCSE Maths C grade. Until recently.
I decided to go into Nursing. This would mean, like it or not, I would have to get a better handle on Mathematics.
I took evening classes to get my Adult Numeracy Level 3, but I knew I would need the GCSE C grade to get into the University I wanted.
I enrolled with ICS Learn to support me with easily accessible resources available at times that suited me around my home and work life schedule.
That was only 8 months ago and thanks to the amazing support and live classrooms from Melissa, the ICS Learn tutor, I now have a grade I never thought possible.
The classrooms are recorded, so even if you aren't able to make the live sessions you can watch them at your leisure. I found this so useful because I could pause and make notes, answer exercise questions and keep up at my own pace.
I would encourage anyone who thinks they can't do this to believe in the team at ICS Learn and believe in the content they provide.
With the unknown grade boundaries this year and the whole system changing, I was really apprehensive about what I was getting into, but Melissa teaches the content for everyone to understand at any level.
You will have to commit and designate weekly time, but 8 months is not long to achieve the GCSE for Maths - don't let it hold you back like it did with me! If I can do it, anyone can.
Good luck to anyone considering enrolling, you won't be disappointed.
Find out more about studying GCSE Maths online.
Download Your Free Guide
- ICS Learn Open Day Facebook Live Event
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Abi
- 10 Simple Tips To Help You Learn Faster
- What We Learned From The CIPD Show 2016
- 3 Learning Styles and Why They’re Vital
- Share Your Success for a Chance To Win £100 Shopping Vouchers
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Lee
- 10 Signs That You're Ready For A New Career
- 5 HR Tactics You Can Steal From Google’s Groundbreaking Analytics Team
- The Three Things to Get You Out on a Run
- Promoting Equality in the Workplace
- The Benefits of High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Laura | Online CIPD Level 5 Review
- Learn to Love Learning in 4 Simple Steps
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Ashley | Online CIPD Level 3 Review
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Jacqui | CIPD L&D Level 3 Review
- Infographic: What to Wear to Work Out
- Teach Your Kids to be Money Smart
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Sophia | Personal Training Course Review
- Fitness Friday: Meet Annie Bean
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Samuel | Online GCSE Maths Review
- The Science of Happiness: 5 Ways to Boost Your Wellbeing
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Ruby | Online CIPD Level 5 Review
- Fitness Friday: The Importance of Rest Days
- How Will Brexit Affect HR and Recruitment?
- Create A Printable GCSE and A Level Study Planner
- 12 Tips for Handling Difficult Conversations at Work
- How to Get a Job in Procurement & Supply
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Lewis | IGCSE English Language Review
- The 7 Time Management Mistakes That Are Ruining Your Productivity
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Audrey | Online GCSE Maths Review
- How to Give Constructive Feedback
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Klaudia | Online CIPD Level 7 Review
- 8 Tips for Students Starting an Online Learning Programme
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Rebecca | CIPD L&D Level 3 Review
- The 12 Best Health and Fitness Apps for Beginners 2017
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Samantha | Online AAT Advanced Review
- Top Tips for Triathlon Training
- We’re Launching All-Inclusive AAT Programmes for Businesses
- Triathlete Michael Hindmarch on Training, Competing and the European Championships
- 3 Ways to Land Your First HR Job
- How to Look After Your Mental Health as a Student
- Infographic: What To Do If You Fail Your GCSEs
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Adam | Online AAT Accounting Review
- A Level Results: What to Do If You Didn’t Get The Grades You Need (2017 Update)
- GCSE Results: What to Do if You Didn’t Get the Grades You Need (2017 Update)
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Sarah | Online CIPD Level 7 Review
- ICS Real Stories: Lewis's IGCSE English Language Results
- ICS Real Stories: Laura's GCSE Maths Results