Name: Lewis Edon
Course: IGCSE English Language
I started studying with ICS Learn in March 2016. This was due to the fact I have a very rare bone disease and cancer in my right tibia bone and due to a severe fracture in this leg, I became home educated, as appointments and operations meant I would have had too much school absence.
We chose ICS Learn as they offered a brilliant array of IGCSEs, flexible learning, excellent tutor support and even a flexible payment plan.
Their courses were considerably cheaper than other home education providers, and so this was a better all-round option. My dad has previously studied with ICS Learn, so studying with them must run in the family!
The course I chose to study was IGCSE English Language. So far I have taken 4 assessment marked tests and achieved a B and 3 As! I am very happy with this as at school, my grades were Ds or below.
My tutor Anna, gives excellent feedback with my marked tests, all which will help in the revision leading up to my exam in June.
I am really enjoying this course. I have found it to be really good in that it teaches you everything you need to know in a way in which you can understand it.
Being that I have a very serious disability and have to take strong medication, I get very tired in the afternoons. With ICS Learn I can utilise my studying around when I want to submit my test papers, therefore working when I am feeling well enough to do so.
I aim to study a further two IGCSEs with ICS Learn, starting them in June, following my English exam. I am looking at studying maths and dual science and hopefully achieving good pass grades in all of these, to progress hopefully to college or into an apprenticeship.
I highly recommend ICS Learn, particularly to other home-educated teens, as I have found them to be a brilliant study provider.
I hope I do their courses justice in my exams!
If you'd like to show your support for Lewis and his family, they have asked that you donate to Family Fund, a charity supporting families with disabled and seriously ill children.
If you'd like to find out more about studying GCSEs and IGCSEs online with us, click here or contact our specialist GCSE advisors by phone, email or chat using the information at the top of this page.
Request More Information
- ICS Learn Open Day Facebook Live Event
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Abi
- 10 Simple Tips To Help You Learn Faster
- What We Learned From The CIPD Show 2016
- 3 Learning Styles and Why They’re Vital
- Share Your Success for a Chance To Win £100 Shopping Vouchers
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Lee
- 10 Signs That You're Ready For A New Career
- 5 HR Tactics You Can Steal From Google’s Groundbreaking Analytics Team
- The Three Things to Get You Out on a Run
- Promoting Equality in the Workplace
- The Benefits of High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Laura
- Learn to Love Learning in 4 Simple Steps
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Ashley
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Jacqui
- Infographic: What to Wear to Work Out
- Teach Your Kids to be Money Smart
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Sophia
- Fitness Friday: Meet Annie Bean
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Samuel
- The Science of Happiness: 5 Ways to Boost Your Wellbeing
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Ruby
- Fitness Friday: The Importance of Rest Days
- How Will Brexit Affect HR and Recruitment?
- Create A Printable GCSE and A Level Study Planner
- 12 Tips for Handling Difficult Conversations at Work
- How to Get a Job in Procurement & Supply
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Lewis
- The 7 Time Management Mistakes That Are Ruining Your Productivity
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Audrey
- How to Give Constructive Feedback
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Klaudia
- 8 Tips for Students Starting an Online Learning Programme
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Rebecca
- The 12 Best Health and Fitness Apps for Beginners 2017
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Samantha
- Top Tips for Triathlon Training
- We’re Launching All-Inclusive AAT Programmes for Businesses
- Triathlete Michael Hindmarch on Training, Competing and the European Championships