Our amazing student Klaudia Czechowicz tells us about her journey to getting CIPD qualified and gives us her review of our online CIPD Level 7 Diploma in HR Management course.
I came to UK from Poland exactly 10 years ago. I always wanted to study here at Uni, learn the language and get a good career somewhere close to London.
Here I am 10 years later with my BA degree from London University. I went onto to study Career Advice and became Level 4 Diploma qualified Career Advisor. After that, I took interest in HR and did my Level 3 Certificate in CIPD.
One year ago I knew I needed something bigger, a better diploma, something that would speak on my behalf when I send my CV through to employers.
I was sitting reading newspapers and online forums and realised that the CIPD Level 7 Advanced Diploma sounded like the key to my bright future.
I decided to enrol on the course but due to my busy schedule I could not go to college or attend evening or weekend classes. I have a lot of commitments outside work and I was worried there was no way I could achieve my dream of studying Level 7 CIPD.
Then I heard of a distance learning provider, ICS Learn. The Course Advisors were very patient and helpful. Not pushy or anything, they really wanted me to make sure I could accommodate the studies in my life alongside my other responsibilities.
I enrolled and the journey began. It wasn't easy. I am now 30 and life is busy, work is stressful and finding time to study seems to be complicated.
However, you have your tutors who will make sure you stay on top of your studies, they will encourage you and usually answer any of your queries within 24 hours so your motivation levels stay high.
In addition to that, there is an online chat option on their website, so whenever in doubt you can contact the advisor and they put you in touch with your tutor or answer your questions there and then.
It all seems to be working smoothly and because it is all moving forward I really want to keep it going. I booked myself on the exams in May and cannot wait.
There’s still a lot of work ahead of me but I know I am not alone and whenever I have a spare minute I try to Google stuff and learn. Train journeys, the daily commute to work or weekends are perfect opportunities to learn... even if for only 10 minutes, you get to learn something new and you gain a lot more confidence.
There are webinars you can take part in which makes you a part of the whole community. You can network with other people, find out how they are doing, what they struggle with etc.
It is all very exciting and although it is not easy it is doable. I encourage everyone to continue their studies as there is so much to learn. Distance learning gives you the freedom of completing your assignments and preparing for exams in your own time. You learn how to manage your time, prioritise tasks and become more confident about the planning of your career.
Update: One Year Later
I completed my Level 7 back in December - success story! The biggest challenge was preparation for the exams but I passed them both in May and couldn't be happier. My qualification has already contributed to career progression since my employer is looking to promote me in the next couple of weeks. I can't wait!
If Klaudia's determination has inspired you to push your career to the next level, take a look at our range of CIPD Diplomas, Certificates and Awards.
Download Your Free Guide
- ICS Learn Open Day Facebook Live Event
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Abi
- 10 Simple Tips To Help You Learn Faster
- What We Learned From The CIPD Show 2016
- 3 Learning Styles and Why They’re Vital
- Share Your Success for a Chance To Win £100 Shopping Vouchers
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Lee
- 10 Signs That You're Ready For A New Career
- 5 HR Tactics You Can Steal From Google’s Groundbreaking Analytics Team
- The Three Things to Get You Out on a Run
- Promoting Equality in the Workplace
- The Benefits of High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Laura | Online CIPD Level 5 Review
- Learn to Love Learning in 4 Simple Steps
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Ashley | Online CIPD Level 3 Review
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Jacqui | CIPD L&D Level 3 Review
- Infographic: What to Wear to Work Out
- Teach Your Kids to be Money Smart
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Sophia | Personal Training Course Review
- Fitness Friday: Meet Annie Bean
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Samuel | Online GCSE Maths Review
- The Science of Happiness: 5 Ways to Boost Your Wellbeing
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Ruby | Online CIPD Level 5 Review
- Fitness Friday: The Importance of Rest Days
- How Will Brexit Affect HR and Recruitment?
- Create A Printable GCSE and A Level Study Planner
- 12 Tips for Handling Difficult Conversations at Work
- How to Get a Job in Procurement & Supply
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Lewis | IGCSE English Language Review
- The 7 Time Management Mistakes That Are Ruining Your Productivity
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Audrey | Online GCSE Maths Review
- How to Give Constructive Feedback
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Klaudia | Online CIPD Level 7 Review
- 8 Tips for Students Starting an Online Learning Programme
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Rebecca | CIPD L&D Level 3 Review
- The 12 Best Health and Fitness Apps for Beginners 2017
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Samantha | Online AAT Advanced Review
- Top Tips for Triathlon Training
- We’re Launching All-Inclusive AAT Programmes for Businesses
- Triathlete Michael Hindmarch on Training, Competing and the European Championships
- 3 Ways to Land Your First HR Job
- How to Look After Your Mental Health as a Student
- Infographic: What To Do If You Fail Your GCSEs
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Adam | Online AAT Accounting Review
- A Level Results: What to Do If You Didn’t Get The Grades You Need (2017 Update)
- GCSE Results: What to Do if You Didn’t Get the Grades You Need (2017 Update)
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Sarah | Online CIPD Level 7 Review
- ICS Real Stories: Lewis's IGCSE English Language Results
- ICS Real Stories: Laura's GCSE Maths Results