Name: Mike Bignall
Course: CIPD Level 5 Diploma in Learning & Development
I’m 42 and I’m hoping to prove to myself it’s never too late for a career boost.
I’ve worked at O2 for the past 12 years and covered quite a few roles, from customer service to revenue generation. In the past 8 years a lot of my time has been spent picking up L&D projects, finally moving in to the role of L&D support for the re-contract area, supporting over 400 advisors.
L&D has moved from an interest to a passion. This has been helped along by working with some great people and companies including Apple, Microsoft/Nokia, Sony, Samsung and HTC to provide training solutions and road shows across 8 call centres and for nearly 2000 advisors.
My real drive to succeed in this course comes from my other role as a volunteer for the Mark Gorry Foundation, a testicular cancer charity based in Halton, Cheshire.
The charity was set up by my best friend Mark shortly before he passed away at the age of 24. Part of Mark’s vision was to raise awareness of testicular cancer to as many people as possible: men, women, teenagers, anyone that will listen.
My role within the charity is trustee and L&D manager. This sees me spending a lot of my spare time visiting schools, colleges and places of work to raise awareness of testicular cancer.
Getting this qualification will not only give me the career boost I need but also allow me to manage my charity work correctly as well, delivering the best training and awareness I possibly can.
ICS Learn has given me the ability to work full-time, volunteer part-time and study for a new qualification, all in my own time and without the need to take holidays for lecture days etc.
I’ve found the process of signing up really slick and easy, great staff and communication skills and the Student Community is clear and easy to understand.
Thanks to everyone involved at ICS Learn.
Request More Information
- ICS Learn Open Day Facebook Live Event
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Abi
- 10 Simple Tips To Help You Learn Faster
- What We Learned From The CIPD Show 2016
- 3 Learning Styles and Why They’re Vital
- Share Your Success for a Chance To Win £100 Shopping Vouchers
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Lee
- 10 Signs That You're Ready For A New Career
- 5 HR Tactics You Can Steal From Google’s Groundbreaking Analytics Team
- The Three Things to Get You Out on a Run
- Promoting Equality in the Workplace
- The Benefits of High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Laura
- Learn to Love Learning in 4 Simple Steps
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Ashley
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Jacqui
- Infographic: What to Wear to Work Out
- Teach Your Kids to be Money Smart
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Sophia
- Fitness Friday: Meet Annie Bean
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Samuel
- The Science of Happiness: 5 Ways to Boost Your Wellbeing
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Ruby
- Fitness Friday: The Importance of Rest Days
- How Will Brexit Affect HR and Recruitment?
- Create A Printable GCSE and A Level Study Planner
- 12 Tips for Handling Difficult Conversations at Work
- How to Get a Job in Procurement & Supply
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Lewis
- The 7 Time Management Mistakes That Are Ruining Your Productivity
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Audrey
- How to Give Constructive Feedback