Name: Hayley Vanderhuizen
Course: GCSE Maths
My name is Hayley and firstly I am a mum of two boys aged 6 and 4 years old. I am a part time baker and I have a secret… I want to be a midwife.
Leaving school at 16, I went straight into work and started earning money. I eventually did some travelling and just continued to ‘fall’ into employment; I have never truly been fulfilled at work, sadly.
One January evening, I mentioned my hankering for a more fulfilling career to my husband, who totally supported me and encouraged me to start an online course so that I could obtain the last GCSE required to begin an access course for University.
I searched and came across ICS Learn. Since it was January, I was behind the usual start date for GCSEs by three months - this worried me but I thought I would make the call.
The wonderful lady who signed me up was so reassuring and she saw no reason why, with a bit of hard work, I couldn’t catch up. I was set….
That evening, I logged on to the ICS Learn website. It was easy to navigate. I watched two Webinars by the utterly brilliant maths teacher Melissa Lieberman and I
Melissa has been so supportive, she explained any difficult areas so well, and I would have really struggled without her. Some topics were more challenging than others, but you are given so many other supportive youtube channels to assist, it all made sense eventually!
Needless to say, that after some effort and many practice papers, I sat down for my GCSE Maths exam 22 years to the day that I took my last one, but this time I passed! I scored 185/200 and now I head off to my access course with a renewed vigour for learning. Who knew!
ICS Learn is the perfect way to learn.
Want to find out more? Learn about studying GCSEs with us here.
Request More Information
- ICS Learn Open Day Facebook Live Event
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Abi
- 10 Simple Tips To Help You Learn Faster
- What We Learned From The CIPD Show 2016
- 3 Learning Styles and Why They’re Vital
- Share Your Success for a Chance To Win £100 Shopping Vouchers
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Lee
- 10 Signs That You're Ready For A New Career
- 5 HR Tactics You Can Steal From Google’s Groundbreaking Analytics Team
- The Three Things to Get You Out on a Run
- Promoting Equality in the Workplace
- The Benefits of High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Laura
- Learn to Love Learning in 4 Simple Steps
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Ashley
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Jacqui
- Infographic: What to Wear to Work Out
- Teach Your Kids to be Money Smart
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Sophia
- Fitness Friday: Meet Annie Bean
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Samuel
- The Science of Happiness: 5 Ways to Boost Your Wellbeing
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Ruby
- Fitness Friday: The Importance of Rest Days
- How Will Brexit Affect HR and Recruitment?
- Create A Printable GCSE and A Level Study Planner
- 12 Tips for Handling Difficult Conversations at Work
- How to Get a Job in Procurement & Supply
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Lewis
- The 7 Time Management Mistakes That Are Ruining Your Productivity
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Audrey
- How to Give Constructive Feedback