Name: Cynthia Obeng
Course: GCSE Maths
I decided to change my career and go into Dietetics and Nutrition. I didn't have all the qualifications that I needed so was offered a place on the extended science foundation year.
I discovered quite late that it is compulsory for myself to have a GCSE grade C or above in Maths to move onto the next part of my course, which felt a bit like a nightmare as it was too late to enrol in a college course.
Then I remembered that I had used ICS Learn before to do a course and I made contact straight away. When I rang the lady on the phone was lovely and really made me feel at ease. Within no time I was enrolled onto the course and with a black Friday discount which was a nice bonus.
Maths has never been my strong point, and I have since discovered that I am Dyslexic which makes a lot of sense now thinking about my past struggles. I am a visual learner so I love the fact that with ICS Learn you have actual teaching videos to watch as if you are in a classroom, and the work is done on a computer screen as well as a workbook.
So far I have really enjoyed the course, and I can fit it in well with work and university. The worksheets are really good and the explanations in the videos etc. are understandable so it doesn't feel daunting. I am even challenging myself to do the higher tier paper and feel confident that I will do well.
The best thing I’ve ever done was enrolling onto the GCSE Maths course and I love it.
Thank you ICS Learn.
To find out more about taking your GCSEs or IGCSEs with us, have a look at the subjects we do, then get in touch. You can chat online to our expert GCSE course advisors using the red button at the top of the page, or by phone or email. We’re happy to help!
Get Your Free Course Guide
- ICS Learn Open Day Facebook Live Event
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Abi
- 10 Simple Tips To Help You Learn Faster
- What We Learned From The CIPD Show 2016
- 3 Learning Styles and Why They’re Vital
- Share Your Success for a Chance To Win £100 Shopping Vouchers
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Lee
- 10 Signs That You're Ready For A New Career
- 5 HR Tactics You Can Steal From Google’s Groundbreaking Analytics Team
- The Three Things to Get You Out on a Run
- Promoting Equality in the Workplace
- The Benefits of High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Laura | Online CIPD Level 5 Review
- Learn to Love Learning in 4 Simple Steps
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Ashley | Online CIPD Level 3 Review
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Jacqui | CIPD L&D Level 3 Review
- Infographic: What to Wear to Work Out
- Teach Your Kids to be Money Smart
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Sophia | Personal Training Course Review
- Fitness Friday: Meet Annie Bean
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Samuel | Online GCSE Maths Review
- The Science of Happiness: 5 Ways to Boost Your Wellbeing
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Ruby | Online CIPD Level 5 Review
- Fitness Friday: The Importance of Rest Days
- How Will Brexit Affect HR and Recruitment?
- Create A Printable GCSE and A Level Study Planner
- 12 Tips for Handling Difficult Conversations at Work
- How to Get a Job in Procurement & Supply
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Lewis | IGCSE English Language Review
- The 7 Time Management Mistakes That Are Ruining Your Productivity
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Audrey | Online GCSE Maths Review
- How to Give Constructive Feedback
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Klaudia | Online CIPD Level 7 Review
- 8 Tips for Students Starting an Online Learning Programme
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Rebecca | CIPD L&D Level 3 Review
- The 12 Best Health and Fitness Apps for Beginners 2017
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Samantha | Online AAT Advanced Review
- Top Tips for Triathlon Training
- We’re Launching All-Inclusive AAT Programmes for Businesses
- Triathlete Michael Hindmarch on Training, Competing and the European Championships
- 3 Ways to Land Your First HR Job
- How to Look After Your Mental Health as a Student
- Infographic: What To Do If You Fail Your GCSEs
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Adam | Online AAT Accounting Review
- A Level Results: What to Do If You Didn’t Get The Grades You Need (2017 Update)
- GCSE Results: What to Do if You Didn’t Get the Grades You Need (2017 Update)
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Sarah | Online CIPD Level 7 Review
- ICS Real Stories: Lewis's IGCSE English Language Results
- ICS Real Stories: Laura's GCSE Maths Results