The CIPD L&D show was amazing this year. A really good event for any students or indeed professional individuals looking to advance their career even further in the HR or L&D industry.
Our stand, 422, was in a great position this year and we saw even more traffic than last year – a great indication that the qualification in L&D is even more popular then when it first started.
It also signifies the importance of Learning in the workplace, or indeed within an academic institution. As the CEO of Motorola once famously said ‘if you think training is expensive, try ignorance’. This quote is so true in todays business paradigm. Sadly, one of the first things to go when times get tough is learning and development, when it reality, it should be last!
With such a fantastic turnout this year we had a chance to meet even more great people within the industry and students who were looking to progress their careers within the filed of HR and L&D.
However, the highlight for me was the delivery of the ICS Learn presentation with Sean McCready and myself. Together, we presented to a group of over 100 people on Wednesday and Thursday, the effective model that is required to participate in high quality learning and development. This was the first time that I had been able to present at such an event, but next year, my aim is to somehow present at the main conference (if I can!!!)
All in all, it was a great experience. I would highly recommend these types of events to anybody in the field of HR or L&D. You learn a lot from it, and it is a fantastic chance to network as well.
For those of you who may have missed our presentation we have included an embedded link below.
Roll on 2017!
Request More Information
- ICS Learn Open Day Facebook Live Event
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Abi
- 10 Simple Tips To Help You Learn Faster
- What We Learned From The CIPD Show 2016
- 3 Learning Styles and Why They’re Vital
- Share Your Success for a Chance To Win £100 Shopping Vouchers
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Lee
- 10 Signs That You're Ready For A New Career
- 5 HR Tactics You Can Steal From Google’s Groundbreaking Analytics Team
- The Three Things to Get You Out on a Run
- Promoting Equality in the Workplace
- The Benefits of High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Laura
- Learn to Love Learning in 4 Simple Steps
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Ashley
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Jacqui
- Infographic: What to Wear to Work Out
- Teach Your Kids to be Money Smart
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Sophia
- Fitness Friday: Meet Annie Bean
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Samuel
- The Science of Happiness: 5 Ways to Boost Your Wellbeing
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Ruby
- Fitness Friday: The Importance of Rest Days
- How Will Brexit Affect HR and Recruitment?
- Create A Printable GCSE and A Level Study Planner
- 12 Tips for Handling Difficult Conversations at Work
- How to Get a Job in Procurement & Supply
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Lewis
- The 7 Time Management Mistakes That Are Ruining Your Productivity
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Audrey
- How to Give Constructive Feedback
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Klaudia