When I was 12 years old, my family and I emigrated to Cyprus. The move was a little difficult for me as I had to leave my friends and school behind. However, being still quite young at the time I soon settled into the local school, found new friends and adjusted to the education system.
All was going well until I turned 16 and all my UK friends were posting their GCSE exam results on Facebook and asking me what mine were. Although GCSEs are not taught or recognised in Cyprus, I still felt a little upset that I didn’t get the chance to take them. I had plans to move back to the UK when I turned 18 and realised that I wanted to return with the right qualifications. After a discussion with my parents they agreed that it would be sensible to do my GCSEs via distance learning. They conducted some research and discovered ICS Learn through a friend’s recommendation. I enrolled on two GCSE courses: IGCSE English Language and GCSE Mathematics.
After getting the hang of studying from home and prioritising coursework over weekend beach trips with my friends, I started to enjoy the courses. The feelings when I received my exam results were overwhelming and were even better when I knew that I had passed both subjects with flying colours.
Two years later I started my first job as an office assistant for a recruitment agency based in the UK. I was soon promoted to the position of office manager aged 19 and asked to set up the company’s social media channels. I thoroughly enjoyed this task which didn’t go unnoticed by my director. I was called in for meeting where he suggested I should learn some more about marketing with the prospect of being promoted to marketing manager as I seemed to have a natural flare for it. I suggested ICS Learn as a great place to find professional courses and qualifications.
A short while later I became a member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing and enrolled on ICS Learn’s CIM Level 3 Foundation Certificate in Marketing with help and guidance of a course advisor. My tutor supported me every step of the way and I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of the course – just like I did a few years earlier when I was studying for my GCSEs.
I have since successfully completed my CIM Level 3 course and am now on my way to completing the CIM Level 4 Certificate in Professional Marketing with no plans to stop there.
ICS Learn have been a huge positive influence on both my education and in finding my career path and I am excited to continue my journey to becoming a marketing director with the help and support of ICS Learn.
Download Your Free Guide
- ICS Learn Open Day Facebook Live Event
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Abi
- 10 Simple Tips To Help You Learn Faster
- What We Learned From The CIPD Show 2016
- 3 Learning Styles and Why They’re Vital
- Share Your Success for a Chance To Win £100 Shopping Vouchers
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Lee
- 10 Signs That You're Ready For A New Career
- 5 HR Tactics You Can Steal From Google’s Groundbreaking Analytics Team
- The Three Things to Get You Out on a Run
- Promoting Equality in the Workplace
- The Benefits of High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Laura | Online CIPD Level 5 Review
- Learn to Love Learning in 4 Simple Steps
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Ashley | Online CIPD Level 3 Review
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Jacqui | CIPD L&D Level 3 Review
- Infographic: What to Wear to Work Out
- Teach Your Kids to be Money Smart
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Sophia | Personal Training Course Review
- Fitness Friday: Meet Annie Bean
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Samuel | Online GCSE Maths Review
- The Science of Happiness: 5 Ways to Boost Your Wellbeing
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Ruby | Online CIPD Level 5 Review
- Fitness Friday: The Importance of Rest Days
- How Will Brexit Affect HR and Recruitment?
- Create A Printable GCSE and A Level Study Planner
- 12 Tips for Handling Difficult Conversations at Work
- How to Get a Job in Procurement & Supply
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Lewis | IGCSE English Language Review
- The 7 Time Management Mistakes That Are Ruining Your Productivity
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Audrey | Online GCSE Maths Review
- How to Give Constructive Feedback
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Klaudia | Online CIPD Level 7 Review
- 8 Tips for Students Starting an Online Learning Programme
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Rebecca | CIPD L&D Level 3 Review
- The 12 Best Health and Fitness Apps for Beginners 2017
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Samantha | Online AAT Advanced Review
- Top Tips for Triathlon Training
- We’re Launching All-Inclusive AAT Programmes for Businesses
- Triathlete Michael Hindmarch on Training, Competing and the European Championships
- 3 Ways to Land Your First HR Job
- How to Look After Your Mental Health as a Student
- Infographic: What To Do If You Fail Your GCSEs
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Adam | Online AAT Accounting Review
- A Level Results: What to Do If You Didn’t Get The Grades You Need (2017 Update)
- GCSE Results: What to Do if You Didn’t Get the Grades You Need (2017 Update)
- ICS Real Stories: Meet Sarah | Online CIPD Level 7 Review
- ICS Real Stories: Lewis's IGCSE English Language Results
- ICS Real Stories: Laura's GCSE Maths Results