Now that you’ve sat your GCSE examinations it feels like a long and daunting wait until the results are finally released. We’ve collected everything you need to know around GCSE results day and what happens once you’ve received your grades.
When is GCSE results day in 2015?
GCSE results will be available on 20th August 2015. Depending on where you sat your exams you can either collect them from the school or they’ll be sent to you via post.
What happens if you don’t get the grades you need?
If you feel that your grade doesn’t actually reflect your abilities you can ask for your paper to be remarked. This can be requested through your examination centre.
Alternatively you can speak to the further education institute you were hoping to get into and see if they will accept you with the lower grade. You might also try a different college or sixth form as their grade boundaries might be different.
Retaking an exam
GCSEs are changing and their content is being reformed. Whilst some subjects are available to resit in November for others you’ll have to wait until next June. Please contact us directly if you have specific questions around available resits for your subject.
What other options are there apart from sixth form and college?
If you decide after all that A Levels aren’t for you, there are plenty of other qualifications you can obtain. The following vocational and professional awarding bodies have courses and qualifications available that will equip you with essential skills needed to enter employment:
- ILM – Leadership & Management qualifications
- CIPD – Human Resources and Learning & Development qualifications
- BTEC – Engineering, Health & Social Care and Events & Hospitality qualifications
- AAT/IAB/CIMA – Accounting & Bookkeeping qualifications
- CIM – Marketing qualifications
- CIPS – Procurement & Supply qualifications
- NCFE – Childcare & Teaching and Retail qualifications
We hope this answers a few of your most pressing questions and offers you ways to continue your studies even if you don’t aspire to do you’re A Levels. If you have any questions on qualifications available to you simply speak to our education advisors on 0800 056 3983.
Request More Information
- ICS Learn Open Day Facebook Live Event
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Abi
- 10 Simple Tips To Help You Learn Faster
- What We Learned From The CIPD Show 2016
- 3 Learning Styles and Why They’re Vital
- Share Your Success for a Chance To Win £100 Shopping Vouchers
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Lee
- 10 Signs That You're Ready For A New Career
- 5 HR Tactics You Can Steal From Google’s Groundbreaking Analytics Team
- The Three Things to Get You Out on a Run
- Promoting Equality in the Workplace
- The Benefits of High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Laura
- Learn to Love Learning in 4 Simple Steps
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Ashley
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Jacqui
- Infographic: What to Wear to Work Out
- Teach Your Kids to be Money Smart
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Sophia
- Fitness Friday: Meet Annie Bean
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Samuel
- The Science of Happiness: 5 Ways to Boost Your Wellbeing
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Ruby
- Fitness Friday: The Importance of Rest Days
- How Will Brexit Affect HR and Recruitment?
- Create A Printable GCSE and A Level Study Planner
- 12 Tips for Handling Difficult Conversations at Work
- How to Get a Job in Procurement & Supply
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Lewis
- The 7 Time Management Mistakes That Are Ruining Your Productivity
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Audrey
- How to Give Constructive Feedback
- ICS Real Stories - Meet Klaudia